[Advaita-l] (Advaita) Bhakti vs. Jnana

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 02:42:14 CDT 2011

On 1 July 2011 11:47, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is if bhakti marga is superior to jnana marga. That seems
> to be the opinion of Lord Krishna. If anyone disagrees without a basis
> - tough luck.

Yeah, I disagree. If Sri Krishna REALLY meant that doing bhajana is superior
to shravana-manana-nidhidhyasana, then tough luck to Sri Krishna :-)

On a serious note, if Rajaram is serious about Advaita-Vedanta, he should at
least study under a proper teacher for a few years and get his basics right.
All these doubts will clear away like mist. Madhusudana-sarasvati and the
role of bhakti are hardly the right place to start.

Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum