[Advaita-l] Modern science and Vedanta

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jul 1 03:46:19 CDT 2011

praNAms Sri Sriram prabhuji
Hare Krishna

These yoginis are again mAtrika saktis only

>  prabhuji, you are one of the authorities on these issues. kindly tell
me is these mAtrika saktis are not different manifestations of same mAta??
 If not, why then sahasranAma says 'hAkini rUpa dhAriNi' lAkini rUpa
dhAriNi', kAkini rUpa dhAriNi etc. (since she loves the curd rice so much
she will take the form of crow etc.)  and in devi kavacha (in durga sapta
shati) durgamAta is clearly depicted as shAkini, dAkini etc.  If these
shakti-s are entirely different from durgA mAta then there is no need to
put these names as lalita in sahasranAma.  And I remember, swamy
harshAnanda,  in his bhAvArtha on durga saptashati, clearly says these
sapta mAtruka-s are the different manifestations of 'same' shakti'.  And
as you know the main hOma dravya in chandikA hOma is 'gudAnna'(rice mixed
with jaggery) ...So according to the above, gudAnna preeta mAnasa devi and
her worship is also tAmasa!!??  Kindly correct me if I said anything wrong
here.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar