[Advaita-l] (Advaita) Bhakti vs. Jnana

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:55:50 CDT 2011

On 5 July 2011 00:23, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> All I asked was a simple question about which marga is superior - bhakti or
> jnana marga.

I am not talking about any particular question of yours and where it comes
from, but your general history of participation on this list.

Secondly, I don't claim to an expert. I have been studying under the
guidance of some respected AchArya-s for a few years now and I have a good
amount of clarity on the things that are relevant to me. Nevertheless there
are many topics that I have not yet studied. As far as avidyA is concerned,
I have already articulated (on the other thread) what I know (based on what
I understood of your question), of which the most important is a proper
appreciation of anirvAchyatva which itself renders most other questions
irrelevant.

Lastly, I am not particularly interested in answering any of your questions,
or in any kind of "challenges". We are not trying to win medals here. I have
already pointed out that the problem is with the framework(s) you use,
including the way you seem to look at shaastra-s.

After that, if you think you know better, good luck to you.