[Advaita-l] sapta-mAtR^ika-s in ShAnkara GItA BhAShyam

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 6 02:59:48 CDT 2011

praNAms Sri Satish prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Bad censorship! How come you left out the sapta mAtR^ika-s which were
mentioned
in the commentary along with preta-s and bhUta-s?

>  prabhuji kindly pardon me, I dont think it is a deliberate omission.
What Sri Ananda prabhuji trying to say here is :  tAmasik bhakta-s would
worship sapta mAtruka-s though these mAtruka-s (mothers) have soumya rUpa
to do dhyAna & upAsana (ref. vide shruti, smruti,purANa-s & various hymns
on bhagavati).  And you do agree that these mAtruka-s in soumya rUpa is
noway better than rAkshasa-s in rAjasik category.  So, I firmly believe
that there should be a some meeting point between purANa-s & shankara
bhAshya to reconcile this issue without disturbing the traditional
practice.

I suggest you avoid playing tricks like these.

>  I am sorry, by this personal comment, you have taken away the
opportunity from us to listen more from Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji.  He is
not such a person to play cheap tricks like this to score a point or two
over his opponents.  As I have observed, he seldom speaks, but whenever he
speaks, his speech would always carry lot of weight. I admire him
wholeheartedly for his scholarship and humility.  I sincerely hope, you
also know that but unfortunately in a rush of blood you made the above
distasteful comment on one of the most respected scholars in this list.
Atleast in future, let us shy away from personal attacks like this to make
discussion more meaningful & fruitful.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar