[Advaita-l] Jnana and ajnana (Bhakti vs. Jnana)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 6 03:27:42 CDT 2011

Now, I agree sakshi is not the cause - silly trap. Now, what is the cause
of jnana and ajnana in the cognizer?

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I dont think it is a trap, rather it is the declaration of shruti...sAkshi
chetaH, kevalO nirguNascha, shvetAshvara upanishat.  And to your next
question, what is the cause of ajnAna in the cognizer ??  thinking that he
is jnAtru or pramAtru is itself due to ajnAna and it is svabhAvika /
naisargika in the jeeva, no special cause can be attributed to ajnAna
here.  (what cause can I give for my ignorance on computer programming!!??
likewise thinking that I am jnAtru, pramAtru & bhoktru etc. is quite
naisargika in me :-)) And jnAna is jeeva's paramArtha svarUpa, it can be
realized through sharvaNAdi sAdhana-s.  Sorry for not giving scholarly
nyAya based answer to your queries.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar