[Advaita-l] Difference between Advaita Vedanta and the Supermind

sriram nagaraj sriram_photon at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 06:30:04 CDT 2011

Dear List Members,

I have been recently reading about the life and works of Sri Aurobindo and would like to know the exact differences between the notion of Supermind and how this is different from the Advaitic thoughts. In particular, I have read that Sri Aurobindo proposes an evolutionary theory and both Prakriti and Purusha at the individual level and rise up to the level of Supermind. I have tried to read the magnum opus, "Synthesis of Yoga" but I must say that I lack the literary level of sophistication to understand the contents at any level. I hope the learned list members may throw some light onto this matter.

Sad Guro Pahi,

Sriram Nagaraj

--The inner Light illuminates our minds--