[Advaita-l] Poor Parabrahman!

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 12:41:26 CDT 2011

I dont know if Sankara said "bhakyaartha kalpitam dvaitam ..." though it is
generally attributed to Madhusudana but not traceable in his works either.
In BG, Sankara says that one who does teach the direct purport of
maha-valkyas such as tat tvam asi and seek to make scritptures meaningful by
instructing that bondage and liberation are real are meanest among the
scholars though they be learned in sastras. He spends more effort attacking
dualist schools of vedanta than the nihilist. We should be respectful to all
and recognize everyone'sgood points but we should not hesitate to be
truthful.

Personally I am indebted to the Madhwas because in their work "Mani Manjari"
they go to lowest depths of decency in attacking the virtues of Adi Sankara.
Even anti-hindu Tamil tabloids dare not do that. Born in smartha brahmana
family, I am naturally reverential to Sankara and this prompted me
re-evaluate non-non-dualist conclusions! Of course, I overcame anger by
seeing it as nindhanopasana of Sankara by Madhwas like Sisupala did to
Krishna.