[Advaita-l] Buddhism, Advaita and Dvaita - 1

ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli shankarabharadwaj at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 14:07:06 CDT 2011

Namaste,

"Since we are humans, our ancestors depicted the devata-s with emotions to make
them more relatable to us. Normally this is done for many purposes: "

Most importantly, for the bhakta Devata is a living presence, in which one
confides, to which one surrenders, and the one whose presence makes one easily
give up the ownership and cultivate a sense of agency and get the feel of one's
own insignificance.

Shankar

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 07:43:21 CDT 2011