[Advaita-l] Unlearning

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 14:06:36 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 23:54, Anand Jammalamadaka <
satchitjammalamadaka at gmail.com> wrote:

>  As I broached the subject of Sagotra  marriage , I did see foresee some
> ( dogmatic !)responses with no attempt what soever  to go to the root of
> the
> problem.

That attempt was to say that shAstra-prAmANya doesn't need to be validated
by laukika-experiences everywhere. It was a reply general to all attempts of
explaining shastra out of it's context and free will.

>  A line  from a particular response has reached  such a low level
> so as to ascribe words like ` your imagination , non believer .. `to this
> writer.

The word 'YOU' was for a person attempting to seek relaxation by explaining
it accordingly. It was not particularly for you.
The word 'imagination' was to show options regarding your views and not you.
It was not used to show any decision about you. Moreover saying one's views
imagination is not an insult.
Again 'non-believer' was used for a person going for sagotra-vivAha and not
for you. You were the person suggesting flexibility for him only.

I am sure that something equivalent  to sabha
> maryada has to be followed when We refute a proposition made by  our fellow
> members of the forum.

I don't think asking questions regarding one's views is against any maryAdA.
For uses of particular words, I've already provided my explanation.
If saying my views strongly is wrong, I'll be amazed.

>     We may have to go for application of unlearning and start afresh for
> right understanding for application of several directives  from our
> scriptures and smritis with proper spirit rather than opposing tooth and
> nail blindly.

I think the word 'blindly' will be against sabhA-maryAdA if the word
'imagination' was ???!!!

This post is to make my stand clear and not to continue any useless and
hurting debate.

I don't want to hurt you. So, sorry for that which I caused.