[Advaita-l] अनिर्वचनीयख्यातिः (सदसद्विलक्षणत्वम्) in the श्रीमद्भागवतम् Part 2 (2) - Concluded

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 22:13:23 CDT 2011

Namaste Sri Subrahmanian

If Brahman is Avachya the Veda Vakya Ayam Atma Brahma and Aham
Brahmasmi are saying the Self Atma is Avachya also. If you ask Who are
you the correct answer is silence. The Atma is taught by Veda only not
other sources.

Then we get one interesting question.  Ramana Maharshi said always ask
Who am I Who am I. But silence is only correct answer. What is the
point in asking Who am I again and again?  You can ask the same
question crore times but the answer is always silence. How to proceed?
Kindly clear this confusion.

2011/3/13 V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>:
> Namaste.
>
> The following URL contains a fine reply to the points raised by you:
>
> http://adbhutam.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/the-power-of-spiritual-silence/
> <http://adbhutam.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/the-power-of-spiritual-silence/>
>
> Also could be studied another article:
>
> http://adbhutam.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/vedapraamaanya/
>
> Regards,
> subrahmanian.v
>
> 2011/3/12 Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>
>
>> Namaste Sri Subrahmanian
>>
>> Some people say Brahman also is Anirvachaniya because it cannot be
>> described by words. Yato Vacho Nivartante is the Vakya.  The mind also
>> cannot understand it cannot imagine it. Siva Mahimna Stotra Sloka is
>> this
>>
>> http://www.ms.uky.edu/~sohum/sanskrit/mahimna/mahimna.htm
>>
>> तव तत्त्वं न जानामि कीदृशोऽसि महेश्वर।
>>
>> यादृशोऽसि महादेव तादृशाय नमो नमः॥ ४१॥
>>
>> I do not know the truth of your nature and how you are. My Pranams to you
>> Mahadeva however you are.
>>
>> The words cannot describe Brahman.
>>
>> There is confusion now regarding Anirvachaniya-tva. Kindly explain.

-Venkatesh