[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 01:38:24 CDT 2011

 I am afraid this quote is not relevant here!! OTOH, it says whatever
you do, do with brahma bhAva..It is not an outright rejection of 'karma'
itself.  For kAmya karma some rituals have been recommended in veda-s.
putra kAmeshti, sAngrahaNyeshti, jyOtishtOma are some of the examples.
Most of the brAhmaNa maNtra-s suggests various rituals for the various
kAmya karma. Having said this I should also add that these karma should
ultimately lead us to karma-yOga, nishkAma karma, through which chitta
shuddhi and then the aspirant would become eligible to persue jnAna mArga.
na karmaNAmanAraMbhAnaishkarmyaM purushOshnute..says geetAchArya in
geeta.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar
So,one has to remain in karma and suffer!That quote in BG has been oftrepeated
without knowing to whom it is meant!

N.Srikanta.