[Advaita-l] nAstika mata (bauddha mata) khaNDana in rAmAyaNa

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 00:08:01 CDT 2011

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaaya

Namaste,

Unlike what many people thiunk Lord Buddha had utmost regard for the Veda and he advised the brahmins of his time to understand the true meaning of the Veda. In fact he wanted to take his next birth in a brahmin family, obviously to show how an ideal  brahmin should lead his life. Adi Sankaracharya fits the bill..

One has to understand the true meaning of the Vedas as lord Buddha had advised. One who has understood the scriptures does not need them any more. You seem to have missed the Lord Krishna's statement:

yaavaanartha udapaane sarvatah  samplutudake
taavaansarveshu vedeshu braahmanashya vijaanatah

Sincerely,

Sunil KB