[Advaita-l] nAstika mata (bauddha mata) khaNDana in rAmAyaNa

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 15:41:12 CDT 2011

Dear Subramanianji,

Shunyata does not mean non-existence. Shunyata means the end of the individual identity ie. the end of the five koshas. Lord Buddha was silent about Brahman and that does not
mean that without the five koshas there will be a limbo (trishanku) state other than Brahman. Does Lord Buddha deserve to be censured for his silence? What is in a name, like Shakespreare said. Call that state Brahman or anything you like, as nobodiy can really say what the Brahman is, other than how Kenopanishad .describes that Parampada. Etymologically Brahman just means what has spread.

Regards,