[Advaita-l] Fwd: Difference Between Sankya and Advaita!

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 10:32:29 CDT 2011

PraNAms

In addition to what Shree Subbuji wrote in terms of sankhya as philosophy vs sankhya yoga as jnaana yoga, there is also confusion in terms of kapila mahaamuni. Kapila as proponent of sankhya philosophy is different from Kapila of bhagavata where Lord Narayana himself is born as Kapila and teaches his mother, Devahuti, the path to moksha. In the Vibhuti yoga, 10th ch. Krishna says I am Kapila, referring to the son of Devahuti and kardama Rishi.

Hari Om!
Sadananda