[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: Buddhism, Advaita and Dvaita - 1

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun May 22 14:07:35 CDT 2011

[Incidently (and this is addressed to all readers) if you are responding
to just one part of a long article or the digest version of the list,
please trim out all the excess text except the words you are actually
commenting on.  It is a courtesy to your fellow members and also the list
server has a maximum limit on the amount of text you can send and your
message might get rejected if deemed too long.]

On Sat, 14 May 2011, Sunil Bhattacharjya wrote:

> In such a nice write-up I was pained to find some derogatory words for
> Lord Buddha. I have to draw the kind attention of the learned scholars
> that Lord Buddha did no plagiarisn. He himself said that what he was
> teaching was in fact told by the ancient seers in the past.

Look at the present day scene.  Every two-bit godman claims to represent
"teachings of ancient seers"  That claims are made is neither here nor
there.  The question is, are the claims valid?  Concerning the Buddha, the
answer of the Advaitic tradition in the main is an emphatic no.