[Advaita-l] Seven untebles of Advaita.

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun May 22 22:44:43 CDT 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011, Subramanian Balachandran wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> Given the Seven Untenables of Advaita by Shree Ramanuja in his Sri Bhashya.
>
> I shall be grateful if you could kindly help me in giving the counter
> arguments to the same or recommend me books from which I can find the
> required solutions.

I believe I have mentioned this before but for the benefit of newer
members:

The Vishishtadvaita sage Venkatanatha called Vedanta Deshika produced a
comprehensive catalog of criticisms of Advaita Vedantic theories called
shatadushani (100 faults.  There are actually 66 altogether.)  In the 20th
century, the stalwart Advaitin scholar MM. N.S. Anantakrishna Shastri
wrote a refutation called Shatabhushani.  (100 merits.)  This book is in
Sanskrit and was published by Khemraj Shrikrishnadass.  I am not aware of
any translations.

I agree that it might be a good idea if you, Venkateshamurthy or someone
could post these objections here and we can discuss them one by one.