[Advaita-l] Seven untebles of Advaita.

Ramakrishna Upadrasta uramakrishna at gmail.com
Mon May 23 06:00:38 CDT 2011

namaste,

2011/5/23 Subramanian Balachandran <suba42 at gmail.com>:
> Given the Seven Untenables of Advaita by Shree Ramanuja in his Sri Bhashya.
>
> I shall be grateful if you could kindly help me in giving the counter
> arguments to the same or recommend me books from which I can find the
> required solutions.

A commentary and refutation of "Seven Great Untenables" is in the
excellent book by Shri. Prof. John Grimes, which I think is from the
author's PhD thesis under the famed scholar Shri R. Balasubramanian at
Madras. This book is available from Motilal Banarasidass, Delhi.

The author Prof. Grimes has to his credit other excellent books as
well. One is a translation of Vivekachudamani, where in the
introduction he comprehensively answers objections on the supposed
non-authorship of the book by Shri Adi Shankara. Another is a
beautiful book on Ganapati.

namaste
Ramakrishna