[Advaita-l] Which Advaita?

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 08:08:54 CDT 2011

This list is primarily meant to focus on Sankaran advaita vedAnta.

There is a kind of advaita within the broad rubric of mahAyAna buddhism, as also
many contemporary variants of monistic/non-dualistic thinking. And there are many
variants of vedAnta, which are not non-dualistic in nature.

These are not the primary focus of this list, but thoughtful and insightful comparative
discussions are welcome. So long as a discussion doesn't degenerate to meaningless
levels and doesn't get derailed by someone wanting to have the last say ...

Regards,
Vidyasankar