[Advaita-l] Logical Basis of Apaureshyatva

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:51:52 CST 2011

> These are all pretty well-known and well-appreciated reasons in academia for why someone may want to study another religion.
>There are even people arguing today in the US that a study of the major world religions should be a compulsory part of the undergraduate curriculum for all.
>
> Regards,
>
> Omkar

Omkar, thanks for the quotes.

A good solid study of the major relgiions should be a compulsory part of undergraduate curriculum in India,
first and foremost. Long before the USA, India has had people of every possible strand of religious thought
living in the country. Everything to do with religion and education is so politicized however, in India, that I
have no hope of something like this ever happening. It seems we are all doomed to negativity in the name
of religion. Amazingly enough, the India of three to five hundred years ago seems to have had people who
found ways to live with each other much, much better than people today.

In any case, as far as Francis Clooney is concerned, some readers may find the following link to be of interest.
http://www.newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp?did=0511-gardiner. A conservative Catholic voice finds fault
with Clooney as an apostate, precisely for his interest in studying Hindu traditions.

Vidyasankar