[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:28:44 CST 2011

This is a question for those who are experts in the procedures of vedic
yajna. In Brihadaranyaka Upanishad verses leading up to 6.4.18, there is a
reference to eating rice mixed with milk, curd etc. to get a son
well-versed in one, two, three and four vedas. I would like to know the
references to corresponding yajna procedures. I am keen to understand if
these procedures involve killing a cow or only partaking ghee. The text can
be more appropriately translated as taking ghee given that the previous
verses talk about curd, milk etc.