[Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 07:29:08 CST 2011

> Yes Adi Sankara is greatest authority for Vedanta but he went from
> Brahmacharya to Sanyasa. His knowledge of rituals would be theoretical
> not practical. In ritualistic acts he can repeat what he heard from
> others but not from personal experience. In many texts they say

So, your gratuitous comment about substituting goat meat was based on
personal experience, was it? Or was it something you heard from others?
If it was the latter, you have defeated yourself by your claims about the
interpretation given in the bhAshya. If it was the former, please let us
know when your son becomes a caturvedI, we would all like to meet him.

If you think you are a better authority than SankarAcArya in interpreting
the upanishad, perhaps you should start a vedAnta school of your own.
This list has its fair share of paNDitaM-manyAH, but you have managed
to top them all.

Vidyasankar