[Advaita-l] Fw: vedic yajna

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 23:50:45 CST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Sunil Bhattacharjya <sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com>
To: Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] vedic yajna

Namaste,

I am surprised that you have not got what I wrote in very simple English. I said that whatever Kamalakara Bhatta wrote on beef-eating some 400 years ago in his compendium, has to be substantiated by you if you are banking on the statement of Kamalakara Bhatta. This is in  no way any derogation or aspersion on Nirnayasindhu, in its position as a secondary authority.

Did you by any chance think that Brihadaranyaka gave a general sanction for beef-eating? I personally think that Bhishma was right when he said that meat was offered in yajna by dhoortas.

Regards,

Sunil KB