[Advaita-l] Punarjanma!

Vaidya Sundaram vaidyasundaram at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:22:32 CDT 2011

I remember an old article where the Shringeri  acharya says to the effect
"the house is on fire and you are worrying about where it started, how long
it has been burning for, what were the previous attempts to put it off,.and
making little progress in actually putting it off, one goes to sleep in the
same house waiting to put it off for a latter day "
Escape from the fire first - method for this atma vichara - find out about
nature of Self , not the fire.

Bhava shankara desikame sharanam.
Vaidya.

On 11-Oct-2011 12:47 AM, "Vidyasankar Sundaresan" <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > Respected Members,
> >
> > I have a question regarding "acceptance of purva janma samskaras" in
> > present life, and nurturing present life towards moksha.
> > The main point here is, do we need to worry about Purva Janma Samskaras,
and
> > use present life to eradicate and prepare for future Janma(s)(
considering
> > that Moksha not possible in present life itself). Or we just need to
> > consider that we have one life and use it to reach god, in this case
defeats
> > the purpose of Janma-Karma Sambhanda. Please tell me which is a proper
> > approach.
>
> Why not look at it another way? Whether you think you have only one janma
or an
> infinite set of pUrva janma-s, within this current janma, you can only
worry about
> this current janma. It is a fallacy to think that moksha is not possible
in present life
> itself. If this were the case, then we could never talk of jIvanmukti.
saMskAra-s