[Advaita-l] Scholarly Article on Why Vedas are Valid

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 00:56:37 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:20, Rajaram Venkataramani
<rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Shri Ramesh, I respect your faith

We too respect your faith in pratyaxa and logic.

> but your assertion that Vedas
> are the authority in matters related to dharma and moksha is just
> that.

Nothing special to your faith on pratyaxa and anumAna too.

> You can believe that it is a pramana like pratyaksha.

You are also free to believe that pratyaxa is something special.

> But the
> opponent will say no because Vedas are learnt through pratyaksha and
> interpreted through anumana.

What we will say is more elaborate and most neutral.

> Ours is an attempt is to see if we can
> establish Veda as pramana using principles of logic.

Better try to understand our objections on you assumptions.