[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Veda

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 10:40:38 CDT 2011

Shree Rajaram - PraNAms

Actually there is no logical error in your statements - other than the fact that the statements do not prove the apurusheyatva of the Vedas. They only establish the consistency and preservation of the Vedas within the relative time frame that has been recorded, the slokas or mantras that were passed on by the word of the mouth via guruparampara or by Veda adhyayanam, and which Veda vyaasa collected and codified into four volumes.

Now let me ask you whether your statements categorically establish without a question that the Vedas are apourusheyam and we do not have to relay on faith that they are? If you honestly can answer yes, my hats off to you. If you say not really, then we are back to the faith as the primary base.  Once faith becomes the basis, logic becomes irrelavent for the apourusheyatvam aspect.

Hari Om!
Sadananda