[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 16:09:36 CDT 2011

Shree lalitaalaataH - praNAms

--- On Tue, 9/13/11, श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com> wrote:

From: श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.
To: "A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 1:54 PM

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

'What I see is there' is fact or shraddhA ?
You are presenting it as fact. This clearly shows that you have shraddhA in
pratyaxa.
Why this is not a fact ?
Because eyes generate knowledge of pot,etc. only and they don't produce the
determination 'what I see is there'.
What you are missing here is that word 'knowledge' doesn't denote pramANa
essentially.
I leave it for others to show to you.

Shreeman - will you be kind enough to explain to me what you meant by the above.

Granted that the transactional reality is not absolute reality, but pramANa can only opearate at the transactional level i.e. at the naama ruupa level. I did not go through the complete process of how perception occurs here as it was discussed in the knowledge series. However your statements are contrary to the pratyaksha pramANa that I know where tripuTi - pramaata-prameya-pramANa operate; and would be happy to learn from you if you can explain to me in a way that I can understand.

Thanks

Hari Om!
Sadananda