[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Vedas.

Ramakrishna Upadrasta uramakrishna at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:34:29 CDT 2011

2011/9/14 Ramesh Krishnamurthy <rkmurthy at gmail.com>:

> That j~nAna obtained from pratyakSha is immediate is an entirely different
> matter because this is also true for certain cases of shabda pramANa such as
> mahAvAkya janita Atmaj~nAna as well as the "tenth man" illustration. And
> likewise, if one takes up other cases of shabda pramANa (such as TV news or
> shruti vAkya-s on svarga etc) that produce only mediate knowledge, then so
> is the case with anumAna.

Thanks for the nice explanation Shri Ramesh-ji and the kind words as
well. Thanks to Shri LalitalalitaH for starting with the thread and
sticking to the right stand from the beginning.

praNAms to all who participated in this discussion. Really made us
understand many concepts. Reading the threads on this topic would
clarify the topic on which we have misunderstandings, on a topic that
is as important and fundamental as this.

We cannot but be in awe at the genuis of pUrva-mImAMsakaa-s, who have
created such a flawless axiomatic system, which we vedantins are
using, almost assuming it to be given.

namaste
Ramakrishna