[Advaita-l] Apaurusheyatva of Veda

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Sep 15 03:08:19 CDT 2011

But regarding things that are beyond the reach of the senses, the Veda is
the
authority.

praNAms Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, you are absolutely right prabhuji.  Shankara also says since
veda/shAstra is the pramANa for the jnAna which can be
attainable/realizable  here in this very life, it also holds as the
pramANa for the lOkAteeta / indriyAteeta anubhava like svargAdi lOka. But
for this do we have to invariably tie apaurusheyatva tag to veda-s
prabhuji??  or is it individual preference without specific insistence
from the tradition??  For that matter, indriyAteeta or ateendriya
anubhava-s like aNimAdi siddhi-s in ashtAnga yoga's,  yOga shAstra/sUtra-s
which is paurusheya grantha is pramANa and we have accepted it & somany
other paurusheya grantha-s without any reservation is it not?? IMHO, just
questioning the origin of the vedA-s donot harm the validity and authority
that it carries since the time immemorial in veda saMpradAya.  And more
importantly, it does not anyway mean that those who questioning the veda-s
apaurusheyatva are trying to belittle the efficacy of it in the brahma
jignAsa.  Kindly share your thoughts on this prabhuji.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar