[Advaita-l] na AdityaM IkShEta....

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Sat Sep 17 04:07:57 CDT 2011

Namaste,

My guruji used to prohibit me from gazing the rising & setting sun and
used to refer the dharma sUtra "na AdityaM IkShEta".
But i never asked the reason for the prohibit.

Is this because, Sun fights with mandeha rakshasas or
something else.

My 8 year old son was eager to take sun-set photos in Kanyakumari
and when i prohibited him, he asked me the same question why we should
not take the photos of sunset & sunrise.

My guruji was very particular on this sUtra and used to offer arghya during
sunrise & sunset.

Can anybody illumine on this aspect, spirituall & scientifically ?

regs,
sriram