[Advaita-l] Pitru Paksha Questions

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Sun Sep 25 10:03:44 CDT 2011

namaste,/////Now you are creating Bondage for
your progeny! and worry yourself after death will my kid do this or not!
Will I attain Moksha or not etc. (what if the kid dies immediately after the
father's death?)// There is a chapter in Garuda Purana that deals withthe adhikara nirnaya for pitru karma.  The above aspecthas been dealt.  Even if none of the relatives are alive,a well-wisher can do the samskAra which results in kOTi ashvamEdha yAga.  And hence, anAtha prEta samskAra was emphasized.   Now, coming to the burden aspect, did you feel that takingcare of your father & mother, bringing medicines to your parents,caring words of assurances to your parents during their ill-healtha "burden" for you.  If yes, then i am not surprised why so manyold age homes are cropping up.   ///Also I see some of you saying until you take Sanyasa you have to continue
the karma, formalities etc.
It is same as saying, after I realized that it is only rope and not snake,
but I still have to keep fearing that it is snake until I take sanyasa. // A person like you once went to sringeri and observed HH Chandrasekhara BharatiMahaswamigal doing chandramoulishwara puja & srichakra puja with utmost care.He was shocked to see this because for him, His Holiness was a jivanmukta andan avadhuta.  He asked a question to HH "Being a jnani, why are you doingall these worships".  Swamiji replies then what a jnani should do, can you advice/ Most of the so-called advaitins (who claim to be advaitin!), by learning couple of mahavakyas and studying sarva karma sanyasa, behavein this fashion.  For them, there is a proverb in telugu which runs as:"pulini chUsi nakka vAta peTTukundi". The translation is by watching the black beautiful stripes on the body of the tiger, poor fox thought of becoming as beautiful as tiger.Eventually, it called one of it's fellow fox and asked it toapply red hot iron rod on it's body so that by overnight it's
 skinwould look as beautiful as that of tiger's.When the red hot iron rod was applied, unable to bear the heat, ran away injured.  Currently, the situation of so-called advaitins are like the above fox's situation.  Without proper foundation in vedanta, try to gain some knowledge by reading Bhagava Ramana's books, Maha Yogaby Who, I am that of Nisargadatta Maharaj, couple of papaji's booksand assume themselves to be equal to these noble souls. The result is ubhaya-bhraShTatva - karma & jnana bhraShTatva. sriram