[Advaita-l] Pitupaksha questions

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 03:14:30 CDT 2011

Apologies, correcting typo in last line. Pls read it as:

So moving up to moksha is by performing karma perceiving akarma in it & not by giving up karma selectively. If at all karma is to be given up, sarva-karma-sannyAsa is the way.
As an addendum to my previous posting,I would like to say that,if we perform karmas again that some dosha will accrue,then we will be back to square 1.What is required is to come out of the loop(just as in a aubroutine loop in a software program),and exit from it,rather than keep on rotating in that cycle.The Mundakopanishath sruthi "Parikshya lokan karmacitan Brahmano
nirvedamayannastkrtah krtena!
tadvijnanartham sa Gurumevabhigacceth
samitpanih shrothriyam Brahmanishtam!!
Sri.Shankara,s commentary also substantiates this.This is the starting point of Vedantha,the jnanakhandha and the ending of karma khandha.
N.Srikanta.