[Advaita-l] Pour molten Lead in the ears of a shudra for listening to Vedas?

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 01:25:13 CDT 2011

As you know, Gautama Smrti, quoted by Shankara, says that molten lead should
be poured in to the ears of Shudra if he hears the Vedas. Of course, this is
used by those oppossed to Vaidhika Dharma that it is a vile path. I dont
have the sanskrit references handy but as per my memory it is powdered lac.
The reason for even this is too long  and irrelevant to write here.

   1. Does anyone have the sanskrit reference to the above?
   2. Does any article deal with "vile statements" in dharma and niti
   shastras?