[Advaita-l] About the term in 'Ishwara' in Advaita - a brief note

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 07:07:35 CDT 2012

Bhaskarji - PraNAms

Frankly the intended meaning is what it states only - other than few typos in the post.

Jnaannis sees the anantma  and understands as mithyaa since there is seer -seen division and that division he sees as mithyaa only - or it is seen as His own vibhuuti - they are there yet they are not real - mastaani sarva bhuutaani .. and also na ca mastaani bhuutani - Look at my Glory Arjuna! These two apparently contradictory statements are one from vyaavahaarik and other from paaramaarthika.

Hence the ananaatma that He sees becomes a vibhuti of the SELF THAT I AM.

Also please note that vision of the reality cannot be possible without the anaatmaa too - like I need an object to reflect the light - light is needed to see the object and more importantly the object is needed to RECOGNIZE the presence of the all pervading light. Look at the sky  in the night - there is sun light all over but only when there are objects like moon and the planets are there, the presence of the all pervading sunlight cannot be recognized. This is what also implies in the akhanDaakaara vRitii and the statement - pratibodha viditam matam - of Kene Up. statement.

Hope I am clear.

Hari Om!
Sadananda