[Advaita-l] About the term in 'Ishwara' in Advaita - a brief note

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Apr 4 07:12:09 CDT 2012

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012, rajaramvenk at gmail.com wrote:

> If the position is Brahman, although homogeneous, includes everything,
> then the term nirIshwara would be incorrect. But as everything including
> Ishwara is unreal, your Brahman excludes everything.

No because if you accept Brahman is hmogoneous but includes everything
there is nothing else to exclude.

> When you worship, you have to know at the back of your mind that this is
> unreal.

Not me.  When I worship it is with one-pointed concentration on Bhagavan
in the front of my mind and in the back.  But then my bhakti is not
defective like the Vaishnavas. :)

> The only thing you accept as real is the limitation you impose on the
> Lord.

Ishvara is not being singled out.  He is in the same position as any other
vyavaharic entity. But it is by knowing Ishwara one learns this.