[Advaita-l] A news item

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Apr 11 21:50:19 CDT 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Vidyasankar Sundaresan wrote:

> My immediate reaction to this was the importance of sampradAya in what
> lessons we learn from difficult texts of philosophy.

One other thing I would like to add is that Hitlerism was only the most
extreme variant of a way of thinking that was considered quite respectable
by educated people of all political stripes in those days.  And Hindus
were quite eager to embrace the same to prove how "scientific" their
religion was.  Nowadays there are people who latch onto quantum physics
etc. to demonstrate "scientific" Hinduism.  In a 100 years time will we
look at them as we do the "Aryans?"  Better to leave scientific theories
to rise and fall on their own merits and practice dharma on its own
merits.