[Advaita-l] Comments of an ISCKON follower

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 15:39:18 CDT 2012

Namaskar,

When the Brahman wanted to be many there was modification even. At that stage there was Nirguna and therefore saying that he could have had modificatiuon like gold having shapes as ornaments may not really hold good. To create the guna-visista world he had to assume the guna-visista form of Saguna Brahman. It is our goodluck that Lord Krishna, the Saguna Brahman told us that what is difficult to achieve by concentrating on the Nirguna Brahman can be easily achieved through him. At least I shall not like to challenge Lord Krishna as to how can he help us realize the oneness with the Nirguna Brahman. IMHO it is impossible for a Visistadvatin and a Dvaitin to understand the Sayujya Mukti in conformity with the MuktikA Upanishad. In Sayujya mukti there is only the Brahman  and nothing beside him.

Regards,
Sunil KB