[Advaita-l] ishwara swarupam

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 01:09:31 CDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 6:23 AM, amith vikram <vikram.amith at gmail.com>wrote:

> >though not seen, we have ask what is the form of formlessness?
> Form is an attribute of objects, formlessness being the logical opposite IS
> not an attribute of objects. If formlessness would have been an attribute
> of objects, we would have known it by now through direct experience.
>
> I didn't understand the rest of your post but i think you are trying to
> conclude - formlessnes of form, but form of what?

Please read again if interested. I was trying to bring out the complexity
of form, formless, indeterminate form, form of formless and formlessness of
form even with respect to entities within five elements. Let us keep it
simple. We dont know have experience of any entity which is formless. So,
when you say Ishwara is formless, what meaning can the word formless
communicate to you? If you had no experience of sweetness in life, what
will you understand if someone says sugar is sweet?