[Advaita-l] An instance of Advaita wrongly comprehended

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:18:23 CDT 2012

I think part of the opposition is due to how advaita is taught by advaitins. According to your understanding of Advaita,

1. Ishwara is anatma and a-brahman. Only brahman is nitya, suddha, buddha and mukta. So, how can Ishwara be liberated? When you say Ishwara is not under the influence of maya, you only mean that brahman is not though indicated by the word Ishwara.

2. If the world of objects is unreal, then how can you continue to see it when you are a jnani? If a jnani transacts in the world, then you can only say it is only because of residual avidya that operates due to prarabda.

On the other hand when Brahman / Ishwara is seen as homogenous totality, only absolute reality of particularities stands negated on realisation of their unreality.