[Advaita-l] Interesting info on Krishnaashtami day.

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 00:14:46 CDT 2012

Sri Raja Sastrigal mentioned in this article is associated with both Kanchi
and Sringeri mutts. He runs a Veda Patashala blessed by Sringeri Mutt. He
also protects over 50 cows. He does anna dhanam for hundreds almost every
day. He is a very accomplished sastrigal and a Sama Vedin. Both his sons
are dedicated to vaidhika dharma. He has visited Italy before to guide
these people. On the flip side, my parents complain of the decline in
standard of commitment to ritualistic procedure compared to his
predecessors such as Patta Sastrigal.

As I said in the other thread, we should sincerely answer how Gautama
figured out Satyakama's gotra, sutra and sakha after accepting him as a
brahmana based on his guna of speaking only the truth even if it means loss
of opportunity.