[Advaita-l] Sri SSS discussions

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:29:01 CDT 2012

Dear Michael,

To my knowledge, we have not really had an extensive discussion of Martha Doherty's dissertation on
this list. There was a brief thread on it a few years ago, which didn't really focus on the substance of
the thesis, but meandered into a more general discussion on the views held by Holenarsipur Swamiji
and his followers. http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2007-February/thread.html#18310

Other than this, there have been some other references off and on in some postings in the past, but
not much of an in-depth discussion. I'm afraid that any reference to Sri Saccidanandendra Saraswati
and to Martha Doherty in the past has ended up generating more heat than light in the past, so list
members nowadays seem to shy away from this topic. Most of the active Advaita-L members have
moved on to generating heat over rather different issues!

You might also want to check the archives of the Yahoo group called Advaitin, as there was, at one
point of time, some discussion on that group on Martha Doherty's thesis and an English language
essay countering her stance, written by a saMnyAsin from Holenarsipur/Mattur .

Vidyasankar