[Advaita-l] Advaita and Islam

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Dec 6 06:09:18 CST 2012

praNAms Bhaskarji,

praNAms Sri DVN Sharma prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Brahmajnana is not a karmaphala that it should be necessarily preceded by
samit and praNipAta.

>  yes, brahma jnAna is not a karmaphala, but there is method called
traditional method to realize that brahmajnAna is kevala vastutantra jnAna
and not purusha tantra.  The traditional method recommends a systematic
procedure which also involves guru kArruNya, guru seva, Ishwara praNidAna
etc.  tadvijnAnArthaM sa gurumevAbhigacchet insists shruti, tadviddhi
praNipAtena, pariprashnena sevaya, emphasizes geeta and
shAstrAchAryOpadesha shama damAdi saMskrutaM manaH Atmadarshane karaNaM,
clarifies shankara in geeta bhAshya.

Of course approaching a Guru may help.

>  IMHO, in advaita jnAna mArga guru is a MUST, it is not an optional
choice by sAdhaka.

But saying that the seeker perforce should approach a guru or should be an
adherent of vaidika
dharma is fundamentalism.

>  do you think when shruti say nAnyaH pantha vidyateyanAya, shankara say
something about Agama shAstra  and its indispensability in shAstra
yOnitvAt sUtra bhAshya (agamameva pramANam, anyaH panthA mOkshAya na
vidyate says shankara here) they are propagating fundamentalism??  I dont
think so!!

We hear about jnanis in other nations who are not followers of
vaidika dharma. After all God cannot be partial to Hindus only.

>  Yes, I do agree, hence I asked the question why we are so pedantic
about vedA-s aparusheyatva and its antya pramANa (an ultimate secondless
source for brahmajnAna or mOksha) when somany other sAdhaka-s/aspirants
getting mOksha or jnAna without the aid of veda and veda dharma!!??

Do not forget that followers every religion in world thinks that they are
the chosen ones. Atleast let
us be more intelligent and wise.

>  with this type of secularism can we say that veda-s antya pramANa for
brahma jnAna holds good ONLY for the dvija-s who have adhikAra to study
and chant it and not applicable to all mumukshu-s??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar