[Advaita-l] FW: Forwarded message from a new member

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:06:53 CST 2012

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:54:23 +0000
From: londonprabhu at yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 90, Issue 29
To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org

Priya Advaitin Bandhavah, Pranaamaah.
I was puzzled by the article's caption -
Was Madhusudana Saraswati A South Indian?

In the past two centuries, the Indo European scholars did vast damage to Sanskrit academia by such misguiding titles.
Prevention is better than all the circus already we all are undergoing.
E.g.
Such a caption might hit our readers - the innocent as well as the politician Hindus - in two different ways:
A. Dividing India by provinces
and as
B. Dravida from non-Dravidas etc.

What if M S was not a south Indian but was genuinely a veteran pundit?
Bhavadeeya hitaishee,
Dr Shastry.
My website URL is: http://samskritavrittam.yolasite.com/