[Advaita-l] Surya is the Atma of All and Best Approximation for Brahman

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 03:24:06 CST 2012

Namaste Sri Bhaskar

But Surya is easiest to understand. You can tell even a baby about
Surya and make it to understand Surya.

That is why I am saying Surya is the Pratyaksha Devata for all. Nobody
can deny Surya. How can you deny the Sun exists? Even Atheists will
have to accept Surya.

Veda is saying 'Surya Atma Jagataha' and in Sandhyavandane we are
daily saying Asavadityo Brahma.  This should be enough to show Surya
is Brahman and the Atma of all. There is nothing here not Surya.

Why should we go for complicated theories?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> That Surya is Brahman only. 'Asavaditya Brahma'.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> atharvaNi sUryOpanishad and taitireeya AraNyaka Aditya purushasya
> sarvAtmakatvaM mantra-s like AdityO vai teja, OjO balaM yashaH chakshuH
> says he is one and all and he is brahman (tvameva pratyaksham brahmAsi).
> But at various other places it says same thing to gaNapati also.  ( for
> example gaNeshArthava sheershaM) so, not only sUrya is brahman,
> 'everything' is brahman :-)  In short, you can not treat ONLY sUrya is
> brahman by excluding others.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh