[Advaita-l] Fw: Bhakti and Jnana

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 21:08:52 CST 2012

Are you aware of Mahapurush Sankardeva, the great Assamese Advaitin Vaishnavite saint of that time, who wrote many works including the Bhakti Ratnakar? There was also another saint Vishupuri sanyashi of varanasi at that time. who wrote Bhakti Ratnavali. To tell you the fact that at time the entire North-east India was Charged with Vaishnava movement, both Advaitic and Bheda-Bheda. Any assessment of the thoughts of that time has to recognize all these influences.

Sunil KB