[Advaita-l] Surya is the Atma of All and Best Approximation for Brahman

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 04:15:31 CST 2012

Namaste

Surya is the Least Common Denominator of beliefs of all people in the
world. No human being can deny the Usefulness of the Sun and Solar
Energy.
If you say some other god people may question and ask you to prove
that god's existence. It is difficult to convince.

Surya is a Vedic god. There is support in the Vedas, Upanishads,
Ramayana, Mahabharata and Puranas like the Samba Purana.

We are praying to Surya everyday in Sandhyavandana. All Dvijas are
praying already. No great Conversion is required. No need to fight who
is greatest? Vishnu or Siva? All Brahmins can become united.

Solar Energy is the way of the future. Enough of Fossil Fuels
consumption. Enough of giving wealth to Islamic Countries.

>From the Book Solar Revolution by Travis Bradford page 24-
'Consequently nearly all energy available today - whether in the form
of food, fuel, or direct solar energy - originated from the light of
the sun'

Whatever Energy is there is Solar Energy only directly or indirectly.
If you take Hydro Electric. It requires water. Who is causing rivers
to flow. Rain. Who creates rain? Surya evaporates the water and same
water is coming to us in clouds as rain. Who is making plants grow?
Sunlight. Those plants are eaten by animals in Food Chain. Others like
humans consume plants and animal products like milk. Surya is feeding
us directly or indirectly. What energy we have in our body is because
of Surya.

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 4:54 AM, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Venkatesh Murthy wrote:
>
>> We cannot find a simple and clear statement like this for other gods.
>

> Sure we can.
>

>> We can see Surya everyday. Why should we listen to complicated
>> theories?
>>

> Because the complicated theories are true and the simple view is false! The
> Surya that we see every day is _not_ the Surya that is the atma of all.
>
> Ishopanishad 15:
>
> hiraNmayena pAtreNa satyasyApihitaM mukham |
> tatvaM pUShannapAvR^iNu satyadharmAya daShTaye ||
>
> "With a golden plate is covered the entrance to the truth. That, Pushan[1]
> remove so that I whose dharma is truth may see it."
>

> [1] "The nourisher" A Vedic sun God.
>
> There is nothing wrong with suryopAsanA and many good reasons for it but
> this is not one of them.  I don't see how upasana on the sun is any easier
> than upasana on other mUrtis.
>
> --

-Venkatesh