[Advaita-l] Madhusudana Saraswati and other random thoughts

Sivakumar,Kollam sivanr8010 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:34:22 CST 2012

Thanks for your pertinent observations.As I already clarified most of the
issued aroused by the academic community are  worthless from an asthika
point
of view. Many are quite blunders.But we still have to
support them all because it is million dollar business
providing livelihood for millions.Hence our most kind Acharyas support it
with a word of caution *sabdajaalam
mahaaranyam chittavibhrama kaaranam.*
sivakumarr.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <
svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> To the gentlemen in threads relating to the geography and history of Sri
> Madhusudana Saraswati:
>
> Consider that from the earliest known times to today, it is the
> Shankaracharya of Puri who is closely
> associated with and consulted at the Jagannatha temple in Puri. Given the
> worldwide spectacles of
> Rath Yatras organized by ISKCON and all the legends associating caitanya
> mahAprabhu with Puri,
> one does not need to emphasize how entrenched gauDiya vaishNavism is there.
>
> Consider also that narahari tIrtha, one of the direct disciples of
> madhvAcarya, is historically well
> documented to have ruled as a regent in Orissa when the then Gajapati
> ruler died very young. The
> connection of Orissa and south Bengal with the mAdhva variety of
> vaishNavism is therefore as old
> as the dvaita vedAnta sampradAya itself.
>
> Finally, consider that an author who writes multiple books need not work
> in sequence, waiting to
> finish one completely before starting another. It is equally or even more
> probable that a writer may
> work on multiple projects in parallel, beginning and ending each at very
> different times in his life.
>
> So, all the heat about whether Madhusudana Saraswati wrote one text before
> or after another may
> well be quite unnecessary. Also, it is not necessary to think that because
> he specifically challenged
> dvaita tenets in his advaita siddhi, he may have been a south Indian!
>
> Regards,
> Vidyasankar

*sivakumarr*