[Advaita-l] Nelson's position on the Advaitasiddhi and Bhaktirasayana

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 21:25:04 CST 2012

Bhakti is no doubt the driving force and it acts like in the examples given by Adi Sankara in that verse. Bhakti does help in the Sayujya Mukti of the Advaita too. Bhakti like the magnetic force takes the Bhakta to Bhagavan. However the question remains as to does the Bhakti, without the proper knowledge (the knowledge of Advaita), make the Bhakta one with the Bhagavan. Bhakti leads the Bhakta to the portals.  At that stage, of course, an very ardent Bhakta can have the right Jnana through Lord's grace. Bhakti without Jnana cannot complete the job. All Bhaktas have their sankalpa depending on what they think they need from the Bhagavan, whether it is the nearness to the Lord or friendship with the lord or in any of the nine ways of bhakti mentioned in the Bhagavata purana.

Regards,

Sunil KB