[Advaita-l] Shuka and Gaudapada

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 01:04:14 CST 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM, abhishek sm
<abhishek046 at gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
'abhishek046 at gmail.com');>
> wrote:

> Sri Shuka is not one of the 7 chiranjivis. Shuka disappeared(attained
> moksha) in a cave at Shukachari. Please correct your facts.
>
> BhavatyAh,
> Abhishek Madhyastha

The disappearance at Shukachari is only hagiography. I met someone whose
friend recited Bhagavatam near Vyasa cave and Suka Brahma Rishi appeared.
This is again only hagiography - result of subjective experience or
imagination. We have to go by literary reference if we talk facts and
metaphysical logic. There is no record of Suka's disappearance in
Bhagavatam or Mahabharatha. Regarding number of chiranjeevis,in eka jiva
vada, all jiva bhasas which get liberated are chiranjeevis. They can
incarnate with a form at the sankalpa of Ishwara. I am happy to be
corrected.