[Advaita-l] Madhusudhana Saraswathi and Advaita.

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 08:52:15 CST 2012

On Sunday, February 26, 2012, Ramesh Krishnamurthy wrote:

> Rajaram's questions about bhakti have this implicit assumption about the
> need for a personal relationship with a deity, which is evident from his
> fixation for the "super excellent qualities of Hari".

When you offer (arpana), even to the elements, do you offer to the
insentient or the sentient? I don't know of any thing insentient that can
accept anyone's offering. To do that is like talking to a wall. When one
says "lam prithivyatmane gandham samarpayami", one offers to the Deity
within prithivi or the deity within that to the extent one's buddhi can
reach. If the buddhi can intuit Ishwara or Brahman, upto that.

The "fixation" of atmaramas - not mine - with the super excellent qualities
of Hari is from both Bhagavatam and Gudarthadipika.