[Advaita-l] Madhusudhana Saraswathi and Advaita.

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:31:03 CST 2012

On Monday, February 27, 2012, V Subrahmanian wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:57 AM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
> rajaramvenk at gmail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM, V Subrahmanian <
> v.subrahmanian at gmail.com <javascript:;>
> > >wrote:
> >

> Madhusudana Saraswati has explained what is meant by 'aprAkRtam' in the
> Advaita siddhi and the Brahnanandi has elaborated on it.  I got this from
> the authority of Dr.Mani Dravid SastrigaL.  What is aprAkrtiam is also
> within prakRti alone and the difference is: the prAkRta effects go through
> a paanchabhautika process for manifestation and the apraakRta effects
> bypass this process and emerge straight from mAyA/prkRti.

How can that which is called aprakrtam by Sankara be said to be within
Prakriti by us? Does Sri  sastrigal say that His form Is created and
destroyed, limited by space? Does he say there is a difference between Him
and His body? Madhusudana, and so does Sridhara, in unmistakable terms say
that His body is  not panchabautika. It is not limited by space or time.
Madhusudana, categorically, says that it is illogical for one to argue that
there is a difference between His body and Him.